Skip to main content

The Mile High Beat Down

I came across a story earlier today that involved a tale of Browns head coach Eric Mangini fining a player over $1k for not paying for a $3 bottle of water at a hotel. Read More. No big deal, he's just trying to install his message to the players.

Then the Denver 27 Browns 6 game ended.

Eric Mangini will be fired at seasons end in 2010.

Outside of Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs, and Shaun Rodgers, this team has no talent on it whatsoever.

"Core Quality" players are what Mangini is looking for. For what?!?!?!? So when you get killed again next week you don't sound like Kanye West during the post game interview?!?!?!?

What was the deal with Brady Quinn today...
Have you never dropped back in the pocket before?
Do you not feel the snarling hot breath of 260lb men getting ready to drop your ass to the turf?
IT'S CALLED POCKET PRESENCE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO HAVE IT!
Maybe you should spend less time in the weight room and more time working on the little things that other great QB's did in, uh, ummm, junior high.
I swear to the almighty that if I hadn't had my glasses on today I would've thought Tim Couch was suited up and on the field.

Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll.......
Please fill me in on your gameplan for this game.

Was it to.........
A. Embarrass yourself and your family.
B. To get yourself fired and collect unemployment.
C. Tried to implement your gameplan from a season of Madden on your Xbox and thought it may work in a real scenario.
D. All of the above.

This cannot get fixed until we start taking shots down the field! WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO RUN 5 YARD PATTERNS AND THINK WE CAN STILL RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Mangini.......
I will not even take a look at your post game interview until at least mid week.
I pray you don't make it to the Akron/Canton area for I may need to pull a Grand Theft Auto.

In New York you somehow managed to receive the title of "Mangenious". You left that title back east. For now it is Mantarded. Until your team can stop playing like the color of its pants, that is how I will refer to you in my writings.

Why is it that every head coach that we have is so melon collie? Is it really so bad that we have a coach that bleeds the colors of the team he coaches? I look at the spoofs of the coaches in the Coors commercials during the games and wish we could have that.

The more I think about it. The play of Brady Quinn for right now is your fault. The whole, lets keep everyone in the dark about our starting QB until game one, was a complete and utter failure. And now because you have a soft spot for your old employer, you traded down in the draft to get players that believe in your system, but lack the physical abilities to play well in the NFL, while your old team picked a young man that was (so far) NFL ready and a franchise QB.

Thank you so much Eric Mangini and Randy Lerner. To allow all of us Browns fans to sit and watch yet another season of missed opportunity, dropped passes, and busted draft picks to fill our wishes and hopes full of crap and embarrassment.

And the worst part is, we still have to endure 14 more games of you this season.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaun Rodgers and Some Insight on the Draft

A customer of mine told me once one of the greatest words to live by some years ago. “Never let your meat loaf.” Back when I heard this I only thought of it in a sexual context.   But after hearing of the release of DT Shaun Rodgers this past week I was able to apply this great piece of advice from a half senile old man in a different way. The 10 year veteran had played only sparingly over the past two seasons.   He ended the 2009 season on the I.R. (as so many others did as well).   This past season sometime during training camp, Rodgers became gimpy and turned into the Lance Armstrong of stationary bikes.   During the regular season Mr. Rodgers was lucky to play 20 snaps a game. 2009 stats: 11 games played, 11 game starts, 36 tackles (9 assisted) 2 sacks. 2010 stats: 15 games played, 1 game start, 17 tackles (3 assisted) 2 sacks. Shaun's salary in 2010 was $6.9 million, his base for 2011 was 5.5 million.  Really didn't take a rocket scientist to figure ...

Josh Cribbs Our "Special" Teamer

Just added : Five things you didn't know about Josh Cribbs Well as most of us know, the NFL's version of the all star game (more like a laughable little league coaches game) was this past weekend. The Browns managed to have two players selected. The outdoors man LT Joe Thomas and some other guy named Josh , who's last named escapes me at this time. In the past I never watch the Pro Bowl, it is a joke and the players are there to just basically relax, have fun, and collect there $10k-$20k game checks. I did tune in to this game because nothing else was on at the time and in doing so I found something interesting. During the Browns season, I normally watch the game on CBS and at least half the time I watch the game on TV with the mute button on and then turn the radio on to listen to Jim Donovan give the play by play. Nothing beats a local commentator giving you the "RUN WILLIAM RUN" lines than hearing Ian Eagle and Steve Tasker give lame attempts to inspire th...

The Season That was 2009

I know some have you have given me the WTF. Well get over it. With the playoffs now starting today, us Brownie faithful now turn our attention to off season departures (or lack thereof, how the hell our Off Cord kept his job I will never know), Josh Cribbs contract dispute, free agency, and of course the draft in April (where we pick 7th). Questions on offense...... Although I wanted Brady Quinn to be the starter all season, the only flash of anything positive came against the Detroit Lions where the play calling was really aggressive and lets be honest, even Lurch (DA) could have scored at will against there porous defense. Alas Brady is not the answer. And DA could only make one other QB in the league look good..... JaMarcus Russell . But do we draft another Notre Dame player in the first round again? Jeff Faine and BQ obviously have not worked out. Jamal Lewis will retire, but Jerome Harrisons stock is on the rise. (man, saying that made me feel like Mel Kiper). And lets not for...